The global food robotics market size was US$ 2262.2 million in 2021. The global food robotics market size is forecast to reach US$ 5556.5 million by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.
A food robotics system is a machine designed for performing various complex activities such as picking, packing, and palletizing in the food and beverage industry. There have been numerous technological advances across multiple sectors that have led to the reality of fictional robots. Increasing demand for enhanced productivity increases the deployment of robots to automate processes, resulting in robots being an integral part of various industries.
Factors Influencing Market Growth
- A change in modern lifestyle, a rise in disposable income, an increase in the number of nuclear families, and the growth of modern retail trade all drive the food packaging industry. As a result, packaged food has become increasingly popular worldwide, creating lucrative opportunities for the global food robotics market.
- In many economies, the shortage of skilled labor increases costs & inefficiencies, thereby slowing down the growth of the global food robotics market.
- A rise in food safety regulations is forecast to drive demand for global food robotics in the near future.
Impact Analysis of COVID-19
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the economy has suffered greatly. Several countries implemented strict lockdowns to contain the infection, which resulted in the shutdown of food processing plants and interruption of food & beverages (F&B) supply chains for a limited amount of time. As a result of the shortage of F&B products and essential items, panic buying by consumers worldwide, interruption of supply chains due to travel restrictions, and lack of labor, there has been a significant impact on the F&B supply chain. The world's leading robot manufacturing companies reported a decrease in revenue generation during the first and second quarters of 2020 because the economy slowed due to lockdowns and quarantine restrictions imposed by governments worldwide and a decline in the demand for automation. It has negatively affected the food robotics market worldwide, resulting in revenue losses in the first two quarters of 2020.
The Asia Pacific region held the largest share of the global food robotics market in 2021 and is forecast to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. Consumers in emerging economies are increasingly purchasing packaged and processed food, thereby driving the adoption of automation technologies for increasing food production capacity.
The leading prominent companies profiled in the global food robotics market are:
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- ABB Group
- Rockwell Automation Incorporated
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Limited
- Kuka AG
- Fanuc Corporation
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Staubli International AG
- Universal Robotics A/S
- Other Prominent Players
Scope of the Report
The global food robotics market segmentation focuses on Type, Payload, Application, and Region.
Segmentation based on Type
- SCARA (Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm)
Segmentation based on Payload
Segmentation based on Application
- Pick & Place
Segmentation based on Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America