Auto insurance is an insurance policy for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles that protects customers against financial loss in the event of an accident or theft of vehicles and provides property coverage, liability coverage, and medical coverage. Furthermore, auto insurance is one of the largest revenue sources in the general insurance industry and accounted more than 35% in overall insurance premium collection. Most of the states require drivers to have compulsory auto insurance, which means new automobile purchases constitute a major proportion of the premiums. The automobile sector is already facing slowdown during 2019-2020 and further continues to decline due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Owing to the reduction in income and travel restrictions, customers are seeking for bailouts or refunds on premiums. To increase sale in this period, many major auto insurance companies in the U.S. and the UK have refunded 10-15% of annual premiums to customers. In India, the finance ministry has extended the validity of the third-party insurance policies, which increases the business of renewal during the lockdown.
Rise in number of accidents, stringent government regulation for the adoption of auto insurance, and increase in automobile sales globally due to increase in per capita income of consumers acts as the major driving forces of the global auto insurance market. However, adoption of autonomous vehicles hampers the growth of the market. On the contrary, implementation of technologies in existing product & service lines and surge in demand for third-party liability coverage in emerging economies are expected to provide potential opportunity for the market expansion during the forecast period.
The global car insurance market is segmented into coverage, distribution channel, vehicle age, application, and region. In terms of coverage, it is fragmented into third party liability coverage and collision/comprehensive/other optional coverages. By distribution channel, it is segregated into insurance agents/brokers, direct response, banks, and others. As per vehicle age, it is divided into new vehicles and used vehicles. Depending on application it is bifurcated into personal, and commercial. Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in the auto insurance market report are People's Insurance Company of China, CHINA PACIFIC INSURANCE CO., Ping an Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd., State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Admiral Group Plc, GEICO, Tokio Marine Group, Allianz, and Allstate Insurance Company. These players have adopted various strategies to increase their market penetration and strengthen their position in the industry.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global auto insurance market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the global auto insurance market size is provided in the report.
- Porter's five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2020 to 2027 is provided to determine the market potential.
Key Market Segments
- Third Party Liability Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive/ Other Optional Coverages
By Distribution Channel
- Insurance Agents/Brokers
- Direct Response
By Vehicle Age
- New Vehicle
- Used Vehicle
- North America
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o Latin America
o Middle East
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- People's Insurance Company of China
- CHINA PACIFIC INSURANCE CO.
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Admiral Group Plc
- Tokio Marine Group
- Allstate Insurance Company
Publisher : Allied Market Research